We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the AP accounting department in a growing company. Will be strategic, proactive, resourceful, and be able to build strong relationships within the department and cross-functionally.
- Provide leadership to the accounts payable function and manage the day-to-day operations
- Support accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close, including management of the monthly close calendar deadlines
- Supervise the receipt of invoices, verification, record of transaction, and direct expense
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in job assignments and procedures to meet up with operational needs
- Standardize procedures to generate efficiency in-house and create internal templates to be used by the company.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial statements; post information at the end of every month; and also handle monthly closing of financial records
- Oversee all payment transactions such as ACH, wires and or checks
- Resolve all payments or billing issues with vendors
- Annual 1099 tax reporting
- Familiar with a variety of the Accounting and Audit concepts, practices, and procedures: GAAP
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to accounting policies and internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization
- Support and manage the execution of external audits
- Leverage extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and deadlines
- Communicate effectively with other departments, external auditors
- Comply with special project analyses and ad hoc reporting as needed
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Five or more years of accounting experience in a midsize company
- Experience with leadership roles and display problem-solving capabilities.
- Basic computer skills with prior experience working with accounting software like PeopleSoft or similar.
- Must have substantial ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
- AP transaction cycle experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, superiors, and customers
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Good presentation skills.
- Well planned, organized with keen attention to detail
- Service oriented
- Demonstrated audit experience is a plus