REPORTS TO: CFO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
The Ag Controller position is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting operations for the Agricultural Division of the company. This includes the monthly presentation of financial reports and operational metrics, maintenance of the accounting system, and over-seeing internal controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee the operations of the accounting department including:
- Maintaining a system of control over our accounting records
- Coordinate with operations to improve and develop accounting processes
- Hiring, firing, and development of accounting office team members
- Monitor AP & AR to ensure company payment and receipt policies are adhered to
- Prepare and issues financial statements and reports
- Provide financial analysis and leadership to management team
- Calculate and issue operational metrics
- Manage the development and production of annual budgets and monthly forecasts
- Ensuring accurate records are kept and forecasts are developed for capital accounting and planning.
- Coordinate the provision of information with auditors.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- CPA required
- Experience in the retail and/or agricultural industry is preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong excel skills which includes the ability to link reports to databases
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize key business initiatives
- Problem solving in a fast-changing environment; ability to think on your feet
- Leading, coaching, and motivating your team members
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with a "legal" disability to perform the essential functions of this position. This position sits for up to 8 hours per day, requires constant use of hands and fingers, and requires occasional standing, walking, pushing/pulling, reaching, and lifting.