Analytical Scientist/Sr.Scientist - Advanced Processing
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Analytical Scientist/Sr.Scientist - Advanced Processing in our Cambridge, MA.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Join Takeda as an Analytical Scientist/Sr.Scientist, within the Advanced Analytical Technologies function, where you will be recognized as a technical expert within the department and cross functionally, leading development of analytical methods for advanced process monitoring and enabling enhanced modeling capability across CMC.
- Lead spectroscopy-based process analytical technology development, such as FTIR, NIR, Raman UV and NMR, as stage appropriate in-line and online methods for intermediates, API, and drug products for process understanding.
- Apply chemometrics tools (Unscrambler, Matlab, PLS Toolbox or SIMCA) to develop chemometric models using spectroscopic data for real time in-process control.
- Support orthogonal quantitative and offline analytics.
- Support autonomous method developments, model generation using PAT methodologies and related activities to support self-optimizing platforms primarily for synthetic molecules, but also modality smart applications.
- Working closely with a dedicated multi-disciplinary team comprising of synthetic and formulation chemists and engineers from Process Chemistry, Analytical Development and Drug Product Development functions, as well as other internal and external partners for the implementation of process analytical technology (PAT) and Enhanced Process Control (EPC) strategies for next generation process development.
- Lead or support various targeted innovation and development projects ensuring timely delivery of results.
- Evaluate new and modality smart analytical technologies to support organization vision for advanced process control and maintaining scientific rigor.
- Expertise in spectroscopy technologies such as FTIR, NIR, Raman UV and NMR; and their use in-line and online is essential
- Expertise in the chemometrics tools (Unscrambler, Matlab, PLS Toolbox or SIMCA) for multivariate analysis, modeling and model calibration using offline data is essential.
- Experience in off-line analytical method development, including chromatographic and other orthogonal quantitative methods is preferred
- Ability to discuss and understand process chemistry, chemical engineering, chemical reactions and formulation processes are preferred
- Knowledge in other analytical methodologies for modality smart applications is advantageous
- Ability to work well independently as well in teams and guide method development, qualification and documentation activities.
- Proven ability to collaborate and influence key stake holders and external partners to make meaningful impact, and leadership decision making.
- Excellence in communication, presenting at department and project team meetings, publishes in peer-reviewed journals, including training of cross functional members.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in Analytical Sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant Postdoctoral or industry experience in product and process development for Senior Scientist role.
- MS in Analytical Sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 6-8 years relevant industry experience in product and process development for Senior Scientist role.
- BS in in Analytical Sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 8-10 years relevant industry experience for Senior Scientist role.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
- May require approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Lexington, MA Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type