Ipsen USA is the industry leader for versatile heat treatment systems and advanced process technology. Our advanced equipment is developed for Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Medical, Tool & Die, and other various industries across the globe.
Ipsen International Inc
2nd Shift - 2:30 pm - 11:00 p
Works with close, direct supervision to learn how to effectively lay out work, set-up appropriate machines or equipment to meet or exceed assembly demands and customer requirements per design specifications and published schedules. Efficiently utilizes resources to minimize scrap, materials, and labor.
Includes, but is not limited to, the following
- Learns to read and interpret blueprints
- Operate power tools and equipment such as band saw, table saw, manual hand brake, drill, grinder, etc
- Handle and work with different types of material: felt insulation, ceramic, graphite, carbon fiber, molybdenum, stainless steel, carbon steel, etc.
- Document work process, issues, and usage of material or excess material/parts
- Communicate with team leader and supervisor in all forms of communication
- Organize work area and keep it clean and safe daily
- With supervision, accurately accomplish assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned/needed
- Must have a High School Degree or GED equivalent
- Some prior assembly experience and/or training is preferred
- Solid work history or school/academic record
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, angles, and volume.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, basic concepts of geometry.
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment such as band saw, table saw, manual hand brake, drill, grinder, etc
- Learn and use calipers, micrometers, and other measuring equipment.
- Learn and read blueprints.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and comprehend all forms of written and/or verbal instructions.
- Effectively able to present information and respond to questions from managers, supervisors, and other employees of the organization.
Physical/Mental/Work Environment Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand up to 10 hours per day; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk, occasionally climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to work in the heat. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, dust and carbon in the air, or other airborne particles that may require respiratory protection. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require hearing protection. Eye protection and foot protection is required at all times.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.