About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Senior Project Manager, Center for External Innovation where you will provide project management for Neuroscience (NS) business development (BD) team, including collaborating with the NS BD team in the Center for External Innovation, and R&D stakeholders to support BD opportunity diligence and progression through agreement execution. Support BD head and team to prepare for BD pipeline review meetings and partnership opportunity decision making meetings within the Center for External Innovation (CEI) or within the Therapeutic Area Units (TAU). You will also drive project management of multiple BD projects of varying complexity simultaneously, with minimal oversight. Working with NS BD team, ensures that documentation of BD opportunities is current and accurate in Customer Management System (Salesforce). Coordinate preparation for partner meetings and Takeda team attendance at partnering meetings (eg JPM, Bio) and/or major scientific meetings. Ensure operational excellence for BD opportunity evaluation by clarifying roles and responsibilities and diligence best practices for R&D stakeholders and asking for feedback from all partners. As part of the Center for External Innovation , you will report to Head of Strategy and Operations, Center for External Innovation and work with the External Innovation team.
How you will contribute:
- With Business Development Deal Lead, develop key strategic objectives and approach for BD opportunity diligence
- Assemble cross-functional due diligence teams; efficiently manage due diligence process; define and track project-specific timelines across multiple, complex projects
- Partner with CEI colleagues to monitor and track deal activities in preparation for governance process and contract execution; ensure R&D functions are aware of impending BD deal execution
- Lead weekly BD and extended team meetings, including determining meeting objectives, required attendees, documenting decisions and action items.
- Collaborate with BD colleagues to prepare for management update meetings including report generation, pre-read dissemination, and action plan follow-up.
- Develop and implement robust and user-friendly reports from Salesforce system
- Provide guidance on BD opportunity evaluation process and due diligence roles and responsibilities and expectations to R&D functions who are engaged in these processes
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to Therapeutic Area or Drug Discovery unit colleagues to support asset externalization activities, including the preparation of data packages and presentations to potential partners
- Contribute to the Center for External Innovation culture by collaborating to support department needs
What you bring to Takeda:
- Bachelor's Degree science or business-related field. Advanced degree in science or business is a plus
- 5 years of in-depth pharmaceutical industry experience with drug development and related functions, particularly for Discovery through IND, and inclusive of early clinical development.
- 3 years project management experience and/or proven leadership experience in managing complex, multi-disciplinary projects in a matrixed environment. Project leadership and management skills are essential
- Experience or ability to facilitate group discussions and guide decision-making for technical and strategic assessments for BD opportunities
- Strategic problem-solving ability
- Neuroscience therapeutic area expertise is desirable but not required
- Simultaneous management of multiple tasks of varying complexity, without sacrificing quality of execution
- Excellent organizational skills and effective presentation, written and verbal skills
- Create and deliver presentations with focused recommendations
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MA Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type