The primary responsibility of this position is to purchase the products necessary to support the PaulB LLC sales at the best value possible within the values and mission of Paul B. Zimmerman Inc. This position works under minimal supervision and must work closely with other Team Members.
- Reinforce a team attitude and atmosphere throughout Paul B LLC and the rest of PBZ Inc.
- Develop productive relationships with vendors to ensure best value for product purchases.
- Research and qualify new products and vendors as appropriate to fulfill the purchasing goals.
- Help sales team with merchandising on new products, sale items, and product resets.
- Be aware of local product and pricing trends as it relates to our vendors and customer's needs.
- Compile info and understand competitor and customer pricing strategies and apply to product pricing as applicable.
- Monitor product pricing, markups, margins, and GMROII's for assigned product categories, continually striving to improve team metrics and maximize category profitability.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure adequate stock levels are present and meet the fulfillment goals.
- Process quotes, back-orders, and special order requests in a timely manner, managing the details of notifying receiving personnel and invoicing as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the Sales Teams and be prepared at any time to answer detailed product questions that relate to assigned purchasing categories.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of products & services.
- Assist in other administrative and miscellaneous projects as assigned.
This job operates in a professional office environment with routine store visits. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
This position involves primarily desk work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. Speaking, listening, and seeing is also essential. The employee will need to use eyes, hands and fingers to use a computer.
Periodic travel during the day and 1-3 vendor trips throughout the year can be expected.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and duties may change at any time.
Employee signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
- Natural curiosity and propensity to dig into projects
- Flexibility - able to multi-task - varied tasks coming from different directions
- Respectful, organized and focused individual
Education and Experience
- Spreadsheet capabilities - advanced level skills
- Math skills - strong and quick math skills
- Computer skills including documents and spreadsheets - high level of comfort and skill
- Business knowledge - overall business metrics knowledge for retail environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration