The Columbia Threadneedle Investments Intern Program is designed to provide students with first-hand investment management experience. The data science group leads projects in partnership with the portfolio management, research, and trading teams.
About the Columbia Threadneedle Internship Program:
Our 11-week summer intern program provides real-life experience in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As a Columbia Threadneedle intern, you will gain exposure to senior leaders, cultivate your business acumen, work on projects that directly impact the business, and network in a supportive, team-based atmosphere. In addition, you will have access to our Business Resource Networks, including the Black Employee Network, Young Professionals Network, PRIDE Network, and others. Responsibilities
As a Graduate Data Science Intern, you will work in a global, collaborative, and agile environment on one or more projects of current interest to the team and its stakeholders. Interns can focus on either data engineering and application development projects or research and analytics projects, depending on their background and interests. We can tailor the internship to any phase of the data science process and therefore encourage students with a variety of backgrounds to apply. Required Qualifications
- Current Graduate student at a 4-year university pursuing a master's degree in Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science
- Graduation date of December 2023 or May/June 2024
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and R
- Demonstrated project work, through either academic or work experience
- Ability to work and solve problems independently, and propose innovative solutions
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly
- Comfort working virtually with colleagues around the globe
About Our Company
- High degree of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work and communicate collaboratively with others
- Experience with machine learning and data engineering
- Familiarity with cloud computing techniques
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.