Well established company in Connecticut has an outstanding opportunity available for an Engineering Manager.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to project team of five to seven Design Engineers and ensure that objectives for projects are met in terms of scope, time, and quality.
- Addresses technical, regulatory, business and operational needs.
- Establishes a seamless transition to manufacturing.
- Coordinates efforts with project team members to assure completion of designs in a manner that meets business and customer requirements.
- Follow and maintain design processes and design standards with team.
- Strong project management skills including, end-to-end planning, project launch, tracking, project communications, and team building.
- Train and develop cross-functional teams; matrix management of multi-functional teams.
- Design Time: 50% and Management Time: 50%.
- Develop protocols and prepare engineering justifications for proposed projects; using sound engineering and statistical technologies and techniques.
- End of project design validation protocols.
- Corrective actions for any near misses or misses.
- BS Engineering - the ideal candidate will have a degree in Packaging, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- Ten plus years (at minimum) of experience as a Design Engineer and Project Manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience as a multi-functional Team Lead.
- Strong communication skills including presentation and platform.
- Must have substantial fast paced work environment exposure.
- PMP is preferred.
- Work from office: 7am to 5pm (daily).