IN-VIVO TECHNICAL RESEARCH INVESTIGATOR, COMPARATIVE MEDICINE
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Investigator, In Vivo Services, Comparative Medicine in our San Diego, California office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Investigator, In Vivo Services, Comparative Medicine, you will be empowered to perform advanced dosing, sample collection, and histology preparation..
- Independently plan and perform complex projects supporting multiple therapeutic areas of the Company including Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics , Neuroscience, and GI.
- Perform advanced dosing, sample collection, and histology preparation..
- Oversee daily operation of internal in vivo studies.
- Manage integrity of data. Possess level of expertise critical to group success.
- Designated technical trainer for all in vivo users at Takeda San Diego (TSD)
- Demonstrate proficiency in advanced technical skills required including routes of administration and sample collection in the laboratory rodents.
- Select appropriate experiments/techniques based on understanding of discipline. Guide and understand possible effects of lab operations decisions.
- Input study design into online data collection systems, review and analyze data collection forms, and communicate study related findings to Technical Services Management and Scientists.
- Supervise daily operations of internal in vivo studies.
- Create and maintain of data forms and inventories. Perform complex calculations.
- Use expertise to share with internal and external audiences. Provide technical leadership related to experiment choice and plan. Effectively coach others in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Evaluate a variety of technical factors and obtain optimum solutions.
- Report animal well being concerns to Comparative Medicine veterinary staff and Technical Services Management. Report all safety issues to the EH&S Department.
- Take responsibility to maintain knowledge on industry and technical advances.
- Working knowledge of all procedures for animal users. Demonstrate expertise in operation of laboratory support equipment.
- Develop and edit Standard Operating Procedures and Work Practices.
- Assist in capital equipment identification, procurement and refresh.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Requires A.S. /B.S. or equivalent in a scientific field with 5+ years of previous laboratory animal experience.
- Demonstrates proficiency in advanced technical skills including routes of administration and sample collection in laboratory rodents.
- AALAS certification at the LATG level required within six months of hire.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be willing to work off-hours, holidays and weekends.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply
- Occasional, may travel to Takeda/Boston or for external conferences/meetings.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
San Diego, CA Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type