It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. Corporate Overview
Proofpoint is a leading cybersecurity company protecting organizations greatest assets and biggest risks: vulnerabilities in people. With an integrated suite of cloud-based solutions, Proofpoint helps companies around the world stop targeted threats, safeguard their data, and make their users more resilient against cyber attacks. Leading organizations of all sizes, including more than half of the Fortune 1000, rely on Proofpoint for people-centric security and compliance solutions mitigating their most critical risks across email, the cloud, social media, and the web.
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect their greatest assets and biggest security risk: their people. Thats why were a leader in next-generation cybersecurity.
Protection Starts with People. The Role and the Team
We are currently hiring an Information Security Engineer interested in joining our Global Information Security team creating tools that make it easy to efficiently manage security event prevention, detection, and response in our corporate and large-scale production infrastructures. Working in collaboration with other members of the Networking, Operations, and Security teams you will build and maintain the fundamental tooling and automation that empowers our Information Security team to improve productivity and security posture with a small, nimble team that has a really big impact. Technologies you may work with include
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) (e.g., Suricata, Stamus, Snort, Palo Alto, etc.)
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) (e.g., Splunk ES, ThreatStack, or similar)
- Public cloud/PaaS (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Log collection and normalization (e.g., Splunk, CIM, ELK, or similar)
- Scripting languages (Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- NDR/EDR such as Crowdstrike, osquery, Carbon Black, Sentinel One, Suricata, etc.
- This role will have a specific focus on building and maintaining network intrusion detection and threat detection solutions.
- Build and deploy new tools and platforms that automate, streamline, and scale our security operations efforts.
- Develop custom security monitoring/reporting automation.
- Communication and coordination with Network Engineers, Datacenter Engineers, and other Operations Tools teams.
- Provide ongoing monitoring, maintenance, and support of new and existing security systems and infrastructure and create documentation.
- Support audit events with evidence production and presentation.
- Specific experience designing, deploying, maintaining, and/or operating network intrusion detection systems.
- Network security or engineering background that supports your understanding of network security-specific platforms and tools (e.g., NIDS/HIDS, IDS/IPS, packet brokers, firewalls, proxies, WAF, forensics, log normalization, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of common L2 and L3 protocols and best practices
- Ability to decode and understand traffic flow at packet level and related tools (e.g. tcpdump, wireshark, etc.)
- Experience with change and configuration management in an enterprise environment.
- Scripting skills and a fundamental understanding of what makes maintainable, extensible, & scalable code.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to independently prioritize day-to-day tasks.
- BS in Computer Science or relevant work experience is required.
- Experience with CI/CD, container and Kubernetes workloads is a plus.
- Experience securing, building, and maintaining solutions within cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and GCP, including experience with GuardDuty, Security Hub, SCC, Cloud Custodian, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with information security audits, risk assessments and findings remediation management are a plus.
Protecting people is at the heart of our award-winning lineup of cybersecurity solutions, and the people who work here are the key to our success. Were a customer-focused and a driven-to-win organization with leading-edge products. We are an inclusive, diverse, multinational company that believes in culture fit, but more importantly culture-add, and we strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply.
We believe in hiring the best and the brightest to help cultivate our culture of collaboration and appreciation. Apply today and explore your future at Proofpoint!If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Proofpoint is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.