General Lab / Chemical Technician required to join a Chemical and Analytical team working within a busy laboratory testing facility with head offices in Kettering, Northants.
The position will be based in an accredited laboratory dedicated to chemical and analytical technology and serving a range of industry sectors throughout the UK and worldwide. Products to be tested include PPE, footwear, toys, luggage etc.
The job holder will be involved in the following:
- Carrying out routine chemical testing to standard procedures
- Calculating and recording results and observations in an understandable manner
- Discussing results with customers
- Producing accurate detailed reports to strict deadlines
Full training will be provided.
Applications are invited from candidates with the following qualifications / experience:
- GCSEs or equivalent in English, Maths and at least one Science subject at Grade C or above
- Computer literate - familiar with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce accurate / detailed results
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as working as part of a team
- Flexibility, tenacity and a 'can do attitude
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory / clean room environment
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm - 37.5 hours a week. This is a permanent late shift and the salary banding (£20,785 to £22,572 pa) includes a 10% shift allowance.
The General Chemical Technician s role offers a great opportunity to start and progress a career within this well-established and respected organization with offices in the UK (Northants), Dublin and China and a customer base from a range of industry sectors throughout the world.
Further information and a copy of the job description are available on application.