JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor
LOCATION: Viola, WI
POSITION TYPE: Salary, full-time
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
LEADS OTHERS: Yes
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 5+
DATE CREATED: 6/9/2022
Why join the GoMacro team?
We're a company that is driven by a unique core ideology we call The GoMacro Way, which is based upon authenticity, generosity, and compassion for people and the planet. We operate with integrity, we create with passion, and we conduct ourselves with humility. We seek growth-minded people who are inspired by challenges, encouraged by camaraderie, and excited about being leaders at every level. Become part of a team where everyone is heard, valued, and empowered to influence positive change in their local and global community.
How GoMacro's history shapes who we are today?
During her 2003 battle with cancer, co-founder Amelia Kirchoff created the first MacroBar recipe in her kitchen on the Wisconsin family farm. In the years following, Amelia and her daughter and co-founder Jola began spreading awareness for the power of a balanced, plant-based lifestyle through GoMacro's healthy and delicious MacroBars, which are now available in stores nationwide.
Today, our work is still guided by the values upon which Jola and Amelia built: GoMacro: Live Long, Eat Positive, Give Back, Tread Lightly, and Be Well. It's our goal to inspire people to have a healthy body, sharp mind, and bold spirit-and we believe doing fun, and meaningful work is part of that.
Join us as we make the world better, one bite at a time!
The ideal candidate for this critical role will have a proven track record of successful leadership and customer service including, but not limited to:
- Possess a well-rounded understanding of business processes and maintenance management systems.
- Be willing to participate in the creation of a world class maintenance department including the shop itself
- Identify and implement necessary software and technology
- Be an active participant in staff development and training
- Be able to use data and analytics to find root cause and recommend solutions
- Be responsible for the daily supervision of maintenance staff, overseeing the timely completion and scheduling of preventative maintenance, work orders, and corrective actions
- Participate and provide direct input to the creation and implementation of best-in-class SCADA system including EMMS, scheduling onsite service, ordering supplies, and parts for maintenance department.
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed or as a fill in.
Completion and prioritization of the following maintenance tasks:
- Direct and daily supervision of maintenance staff including assigning tasks and managing department projects
- Oversee the completion of preventative maintenance (PM) work including: work orders and corrective action requests
- Create and modify PM for new and existing equipment and processes
- Audit and review PM performed by maintenance staff to assure that equipment is safeguarded from breakdowns
- Manage and delegate internal project list to maintenance staff
- Enter and present OEE data maintenance staff and external departments
- Directly participate in the creation of maintenance systems and SOPs including: SCADA, EMMS, purchase order and receiving systems, MRO inventory management and electronic issuance/reordering
- Provide coverage for shop floor breakdowns as needed
- Participate in taskforces and meetings
- Other duties as warranted by senior management
- Associates Degree in business management or engineering related field or 5+ years' experience in a maintenance management role requiring decision-making, providing leadership, and direct support to industrial maintenance staff
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance management systems such as work order entry and completion, PM creation and management, MRO inventory creation and management, purchasing and receiving
- Ability to lead teams to success, make sound decisions and communicate clearly and consistently.
- In-depth understanding of electro-mechanical systems
Physical & Environmental Demands:
Based on an 8-hour work day: Never= 0 hours, Rarely= 0-2 hours, Occasionally= 2-4 hours, Frequently= 4-6 hours, Continuously= 6-8 hours
Sit: Occasionally, Stand: Continuously, Walk: Frequently, Bend: Rarely, Squat: Rarely, Kneel: Rarely, Crawl: Rarely, Climb: Rarely, Reach: Frequently, Grasp: Continuously, Push/Pull: Frequently, Twist/Turn: Occasionally
Corrected vision must include:
- Seeing 20/20
- Normal distinguishing of colors
- Normal depth perception
- Close vision
- Distance vision
- Color vision
- Peripheral vision
Corrected hearing skills must include:
- Normal frequency sensitivity
- Normal frequency selection
Speaking skills must include being understandable when speaking:
- Ability to frequently lift and move objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally move objects up to 50 pounds from ground level, move approximately 10 feet and perform this at least 5 times in succession without danger or injury.
- Ability to work at heights and on roofs including the use of ladders, scissor lifts and scaffolding.
This job operates in a food manufacturing environment. This role frequently uses hand tools such as various pliers, screw drivers, wrenches, and power tools.
Travel will be primarily local during business hours.
Provision to Cover: