Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the treatment of calcified plaque.
The IT Infrastructure & Cloud Services Manager role will be responsible for designing, selecting, building, deploying, and maintaining Shockwave Medical's on-premise and cloud IT infrastructure. Duties will include updating hardware required for maintenance of servers and the network, fixing any network and connectivity issues that could crop up, detecting system and application issues, and ensuring the smooth flow of data and voice throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, familiar with project management, downtime communications, change management, regulatory compliance, compliance documentation methodologies, and will possess IT skills specific to testing application & hardware functionality as well as hardware validation (IQ) tasks. This role will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, document, track, map, and deploy infrastructure solutions that meet business processes/requirements. This role will include various functions such as: project manager, network infrastructure administrator, Compliance documentation activities, IT Client Services (network/hardware troubleshooting & resolution activities). This role will be responsible for ensuring that all compliance and change control requirements are met before any changes are made to key hardware solutions (i.e. infrastructure under change control).
Essential Job Functions
- Hardware and software requirements gathering, selection and deployment.
- Provision both on-premise and cloud servers.
- Configuration of firewalls and switches.
- Assist with selection of key IT software & hardware-based tools related to security, network management and monitoring, automations, and endpoint management.
- Provide seasoned decision making related to mission-critical production systems, fast and timely responsiveness to problems, and driving/managing vendors towards timely resolution of issues.
- Extend professional, courteous, and timely support and service to IT peers, end users, and internal business units.
- Offer expert level of troubleshooting & diagnostics, with deep levels of resourcefulness in identifying and resolving Infrastructure issues.
- Adhere to and enforce IT policies.
- Provide direct support for infrastructure components at Data Center (on-premise and cloud), Corporate and office locations, and remote locations.
- Perform infrastructure design and capacity planning.
- Maintain system patching and Security updates.
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document both current state and ongoing development requirements.
- Help with Cybersecurity tools, investigations, and reporting.
- Assist with Helpdesk activities and other IT functions as needed.
- BS or BA preferred or equivalent experience (7-10 years IT Experience only ).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Network Support role.
- Experience designing and deploying redundant hardware and power solutions in support of DR/BC is required.
- Experience working in and managing an on-premise/cloud hybrid with cloud direct connect environments required.
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS server provisioning required.
- Expertise in managing local AD, Azure AD, OUs, and GPOs is required.
- Prior experience managing database servers is required.
- Experience managing VM hardware environments is required.
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripting is desired.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- VMware, Microsoft certifications preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Operate as a team and/or independently while demonstrating flexibility to changing requirements.
Shockwave Medical offers a competitive total compensation package as well as the following benefits and perks -
Core Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax and Roth 401k options with a fully vested match, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance, Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account (HSA), Competitive PTO balance
Perks: ESPP, Calm App, Pet Insurance, Student Loan Refinancing, Spot Bonus awards