A well-established national level client is needing a mid or senior civil engineer to have confidence in a client facing role located in the Corona/Palm Desert area. Travel required for 2-3 days max out of the week to support clients in these areas.
Responsibilities of the Mid/Senior Civil Engineer:
- Manages and/or prepares plans and specifications for public works projects including drainage, streets, storm drains, sewer lines, and related projects; researches project design requirements; performs calculations and prepares estimates of time and material costs.
- Develops revised design and construction standards for public works structures and appurtenances.
- Serves as construction inspector to ensure compliance on City projects, subdivisions, and encroachments.
- Investigates field problems and gathers technical data required
- Participates in the plan check, review, and processing of plans for private development; assures compliance with appropriate codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
- Coordinates public works activities with other City departments, divisions, and sections, and with outside agencies.
Requirements of the Mid/Senior Civil Engineer:
- 5+ years of professional engineering design, plan review, and project administration experience, preferably in a public agency setting
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of civil engineering as applied to the planning, designing and construction of streets, water, sewer and other public works facilities, structures, and systems.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or other related software
If you are interested in the Mid/Senior Civil Engineer role, please don't hesitate to apply or contact christina.jones@