The Personal Care Specialist serves as a member of the PACE Interdisciplinary Team. Under the direction of a licensed nurse, incumbent participates in all aspects of the planning, implementation and evaluation of personal care and safety for the participants at the ADH and in the community. Looking for HHA/CNA experience certificate or equivalent. This position is full time Monday thru Friday 8am to 4pm with no weekend or holiday hours.
Location: Lowell, MA
- The Personal Care Specialist assists participants with all aspects of personal care at the site, and in the community, as directed.
- Assists with meals at the site, including 1:1 feedings. Follows all diet and fluid restrictions, and encourages diet compliance.
- Assists Nursing with specimen collections, oxygen and vital sign monitoring.
- The Personal Care Specialist reports all medical complaints/changes (participant s physical, cognitive and/or functional status) to the primary nurse.
- Serves as an escort for medical, and other pertinent appointments as needed.
- Performs all tasks as indicated on daily assignment.
- The Personal Care Specialist restocks supplies and monitors the cleanliness of exam rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and supply closets.
- Sanitizes tables, chairs, water cooler, exam tables, etc.
- Assist with activities, special projects, and therapeutic 1:1.
- The Personal Care Specialist performs vital signs and transfers participants safely.
- Completes required trainings timely and attends monthly meetings and trainings as required.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Maintains and attend CPR training as required.
- Ability to pass a fit test. Position requires mask where seal is critical. Incumbent is required to not have facial hair that interferes with a tight seal of the respirator.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- HHA certification or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with the geriatric population.
- Ability to relate well to elders and anticipate their needs.
- Ability to perform vital signs, lifting of participants for transfer, and communication of participant changes.
- Effective communication, verbal and written.
- Consistently works in a positive and cooperative manner with team.
- Intermediate Microsoft computer skills preferred.
- Frequent local travel
- Covid vaccines required