Job Description MD/DO - Family Practice Physician - BC/BE The Vale of Paradise awaits you... The Community - Fort Walton Beach Area in Florida
Located between Pensacola and Panama City along North Florida's glittering Gulf Coast, Fort Walton Beach offers its powdery white beaches, emerald waters, enjoyable golf courses, and much more. Fort Walton Beach boasts all the fun of the major vacation spots, minus the fuss. Home to family-friendly resorts and attractions such as parks, museums and aquariums, it's not just the calm, green waters and cool, white sand that make this northwest Florida destination a family favorite.
The charming little town of Ft. Walton Beach is a favorite of families seeking not just to "get away " but to "get to " something truly wonderful. Here you'll find a quaint seaside downtown area with interesting shops and museums chock-full of fun and local history. A short drive away, there's a big treat waiting for you at the Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin Air Force Base. (Want to see what a Purple Heart looks like? How about a jet like the one Tom Cruise flew in Top Gun?) And when the sun goes down on Ft. Walton Beach, the volume goes up. You'll have your pick of an eclectic group of restaurants as well as other exciting nightlife. Eglin Air Force Base
Eglin Air Force Base is located in northwest Florida, comprising over 640 square miles. This is a military friendly area and also a major tourist attraction due to the white sand beaches. Eglin is located 60 miles east of Pensacola, FL. BRAC 2005 is expected to make a major impact on Eglin and the surrounding infrastructure as the overall base population will increase to around 38,000 by 2015. Military Construction will total over $732 million. REQUIREMENTS
(duties include but are not limited to)
- Shall deliver comprehensive, outpatient services primarily for their enrolled patients.
- Shall be required to treat patients enrolled to other clinic panels, when necessary, to ensure access standards are met (i.e. deployments, unscheduled absences, or limited provider availability).
- Shall not provide inpatient or obstetrical care. For any patient evaluated that will need inpatient care, the on-call inpatient team will be contacted to assume care after an appropriate hand-off communication has been made.
- Shall provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent/urgent patient problems as they occur. They will refer patients to the Emergency Department as indicated.
- Shall perform comprehensive primary care on site at the MTF. Workload includes the evaluation and treatment of emergent, urgent, and non-emergent patients ranging in age as young as newborns to over 65 years. Workload is a result of scheduled appointments, walk-ins to the clinic, telephone calls, consults, virtual secure messaging (MiCare) and other duties determined by the MTF. The Family Physician shall adhere to the policies/standards of the Air Force Medical Service in meeting or exceeding established Air Force standards for access, Preventive Health Assessment Individual Medical Record (PIMR) and Healthcare Effectiveness Date & Information Set (HEDIS) measures. The Family Physician will be required to consult with other specialty physicians for consultative opinions and continuation of care. The Family Physician will practice within the guidelines set by the credentialing office of the MTF and the Medical Director.
- Shall see new patients and established follow-up clinic visits as well as perform the various procedures, if credentialed. The physician will perform preventive health assessments (PHA), pre and post-deployment evaluations for assigned active duty population. The physician will also be required to review medical records for the Preventative Health Assessment (PHA) and Post-deployment health risk assessment (PDHRA). The providers are expected to respond to telephone consults and secure messaging as well.
- Shall address patient expectations and requirements and establish level of need and priority of care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Shall provide for ongoing education programs to promote, protect, and maintain optimum levels of wellness. Provides health counseling to clients and their families, and develops a plan for health maintenance based on individual needs.
- Shall coordinate patient care with community health agencies and social programs. The Family Physician will facilitate continuity of care for patients and has knowledge of a wide variety of resource agencies available in the military treatment system to ensure proper and expedient referral of the patient and/or family member.
- Shall direct supporting military, government service or contracted employees assigned to them during the performance of clinical duties. The Family Physician shall guide the performance of assigned personnel and use a team approach toward staff and patient management.
- Shall perform administrative duties that may include monthly peer review, maintaining statistical records of his or her clinical workload, participating in medical education programs, and participating in quality improvement functions and other duties as prescribed by the Flight Commander.
- Be a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.) from an approved medical school, completed a residency or fellowship acceptable to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General.
- Must have and maintain an active, valid, unrestricted, current medical license (with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions) in a U.S. jurisdiction. License must correspond to Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number. All licenses must be unencumbered and remain in effect during cont