Job Description MD/DO - Flight Medicine Physician "Mega-Trend city of the 21st Century! The Setting - Tucson, AZ
With 350 days of sunshine a year, Tucson, Arizona is home to the University of Arizona and is the second-largest populated city in Arizona behind Phoenix. Roughly 150 Tucson companies are involved in the design and manufacture of optics and optoelectronics systems, earning Tucson the nickname Optics Valley . Tucson boasts the best of both worlds...the progress and innovation of a metropolitan community and the friendly, caring atmosphere of a small town. Davis-Monthan Air Force Base
Located within the city limits of Tucson, approximately 5 miles south-southeast of downtown Tucson. The base is best known as the location of the Air Force Materiel Command 's 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (AMARG), the aircraft boneyard for all excess military and government aircraft. Tucson's dry climate and alkali soil made it an ideal location for aircraft storage and preservation. REQUIREMENTS (duties include but are not limited to)
- P ro v id e h ealth car e to beneficiaries assigned to the Flight Medicine Clinic.
- C ar e sh all in clude but not be limited to continuing, comprehensive health maintenance and medical care. Maintain a program of comprehensive health, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health.
- May b eco m e the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As a PCM, the flight medicine provider will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients.
- E x am in atio n of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- I n terpr etatio n o f examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Deter m in e need for consultation and assist in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- A ppro v e/d is appro ve subspecialty referrals.
- A ns w er p atien t telep hone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
- P ro v id e pr im ary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- P ro v id e appropr iate m ilitary specific documentation such as (but not limited to) narrative medical summaries for Medical Evaluation Boards and medical profile paperwork.
- T h e Ch ief , Fligh t Medicine Clinic will make specific duties/patient care assignments. All inpatients will be admitted as per the local MTF instructions.
- B e cap ab le o f adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range of adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries, including but not limited to, conditions of the:
- Sk in P u lmonary System, Head Gastrointestinal System, Eyes Musculoskeletal System, Ears Genitourinary System, Nose Reproductive System, Throat Lymphatic System, Neck Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular System Endocrine System, Psychiatric and Behavioral Health.
- B e cap ab le o f adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range of pediatric (ages 2-18) acute and chronic diseases and injuries, including but not limited, to conditions of the:
- Sk in P u lmonary System, Head Gastrointestinal System, Eyes Musculoskeletal System, Ears Genitourinary System, Nose Reproductive System, Throat Lymphatic System, Neck Central Nervous System, Cardiovascular System Endocrine System, Psychiatric and Behavioral Health, Well Child Checks, Normal Age Appropriate Development Assessments.
- Hav e su ff icient experience to be able to adequately perform medical procedures to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Secu r e an d maintain an adequate airway to include endotracheal intubation, Cardioversion of life threatening arrhythmias, Simple minor surgical procedures: punch biopsies, excision of skin lesions, Simple abscess incision and drainage, Nail trephination, Sling or swath injuries, Lumbar puncture, Suture simple laceration, Suture removal.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.
- Su ccess f ul completion of an accredited Family Medicine Residency or Aerospace Medicine Residency preferred.
- Cu rr en t bo ar d certification by one of the following boards: the American Board of Family Medicine, American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, American Board of Preventive Medicine, or board certified by the American Osteopathic Association through the American Osteopathic Board of Preventive Medicine. License cannot be under investigation nor have any adverse action pending from a State Board or national licensing/certification agency.
- P o ss es s a cu rr ent certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Life Support (PALS) in accordance with 355 MDG policies.
- W or k in g kn o wledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.