The UMass Memorial Health Department of Psychiatry has more than 311 faculty members who work in a variety of settings within UMass Memorial Health Care, the University of Massachusetts Medical School, and the public sector. We integrate our clinical, research, teaching and community partnership activities to help individuals and families transform their lives through recovery from mental illness and addiction.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your interest in the following current opportunities within the Department:
- Unit Director, 8 East - lead our 15-bed inpatient psychiatry unit on the University Campus; interest in all clinical or half-time research encouraged to apply
- Medical Director, Psychiatric Treatment and Recovery Center (PTRC) - oversee all program functions for this 26-bed locked, acute psychiatric unit as well as coordinate and deliver clinical care
- Attending, Psychiatric Treatment and Recovery Center (PTRC) - provide direct clinical services and work with medical students & residents on this teaching unit
- Attending, Psychiatrist (Rotating/Cross Coverage) - provide clinical rotating cross-coverage within the Department of Psychiatry for vacations and extended medical leaves; the right candidate must enjoy flexibility in clinical care, ranging from inpatient to emergency mental health services and have the desire and enthusiasm for teaching our psychiatry residents and medical students!
- Associate Medical Director, Community Healthlink (CHL) - the ideal candidate will have a demonstrated commitment and passion for community psychiatry and an interest in a leadership role advocating for and promoting the wellbeing of traditionally underserved populations.
We strive to build strength through diversity within our division as an equal opportunity employer. As such, we encourage applicants who identify as underrepresented minority, so we can continue to add to the cultural competency and diversity of our Department and provide exceptional care to our culturally, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse community of patients.
The Worcester area is rich in history and cultural diversity. We offer
- a broad range of excellent primary and secondary schools,
- several highly regarded colleges including Clark University, The College of the Holy Cross, and Worcester Polytechnic Institute,
- a variety of affordable housing options from newly renovated condominiums to gracious Victorian homes,
- numerous restaurants, theater groups, and concert venues,
- easy access to Boston and Cape Cod a well as Providence and Newport, Rhode Island, all of which are within an hour s drive.
- In short, Worcester provides a myriad of social, cultural and recreational amenities making this area a truly desirable location in which to practice and live.
Come join the best place to give care, the best place to get care, and the best place for YOU!
To learn more, please contact: