TTI has an opening in its Greenville, SC office for a Power Electronics Engineer. We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package -- tuition assistance, 401(k), medical/dental/vision coverage, vacation and holidays.
Primary Job Functions
- Design of electronic, schematics, bill of materials, simulation, and analysis of power electronics circuits in power electronics devices and systems to meet technical product requirements.
- Execute deployment of the design electrical test, characterization, and validation of power electronics designs.
- Define technical methods and criteria for power electronics qualification procedures.
- Lead the creation of requirements, specifications, and execution of circuit board layout, manufacturing requirements and process control metrics, and implementation processes of printed circuit board assemblies.
- Develop an optimized electrical, mechanical, and thermal solution utilizing balanced requirements to meet schedule, technical and cost constraints.
- Collaborate, mentor, and support other engineers, engineering competencies, suppliers, and partners to ensure proper development, execution, and verification of power electronics products.
- Proficient with power electronics and power converter topologies and technologies and their regulatory requirements.
Required Job Qualifications (Be ready to demonstrate and discuss examples):
- Minimum BS Electrical Engineering, BS Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree
- 0-3 years' relevant work experience
- Able to solve fundamental EE design circuits with ease (Read schematics, Circuits 1,2 Electronics 1,2)
- Comfortable and capable of explaining technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences in email and in meetings
- Experience with SPICE modeling software such as LTSpice, Multisim, etc
- Basic familiarity with programming, desire to do develop firmware in C
- Familiarity with common test and measurement equipment -- oscilloscopes, multimeter, power supplies, etc.