Takeda is advancing in an exciting program and wants to ensure that we have the infrastructure and talent in place to support it. Our overall goal is to get our therapeutics to patients quickly by having the right operational model and integrated clinical data pipeline to support delivery.
The project manager will contribute to Takeda s mission by managing time, effort, deliverables, communication and value associated with high quality delivery of one or multiple projects within a transformational R&D trial data program. This data program will include an integrated data flow with end-to-end control of data, internalization of numerous systems and processes, broad enablement of automation and near-time data access, efficient data review and query, and enablement of disruptive technologies for next-generation trial designs and insight derivation.The project manager will:
Delivery & Business AccountabilitiesThe Project Manager is expected to:
- Proactively identify, track, manage and escalate action items, risks, issues, decisions and dependencies.
- Manage the key relationships between all stakeholders to deliver on project and program mission and objectives
- Drive continuous delivery of value using agile life cycle management from communication, development, optimizations, and performing quality control on projects throughout the journey.
- Create and maintain long and short term project plans and other documentation, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines and change management activities.
- Proactively monitor and maintain project-related end-to-end customer/business experiences and influence relevant stakeholders to support and deliver successful project milestones while making effective decisions when presented with multiple options.
- Coordinate project team meetings and serve as a point of contact for the project teams when cross-functional activities are identified to ensure team actions remain in synergy.
- Partner with peers within program to drive continuous improvement and optimization of processes, user experiences, and applications aligned with business stakeholders.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Support Alta Petens Systems & Architecture Program with various activities and projects. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with development and maintenance of project plans, key milestones and change management activities,
- Assist with maintaining centralized action/risk/issue/decision/dependency log and mitigation tracking for project(s),
- Schedule meetings with project team members and partners to identify and address project needs and escalations,
- Build and maintain project team site including summaries of key decisions/outcomes and action items
- Facilitates communication of project outcomes as appropriate through email, internal communication sites, other department meetings, etc.
- Assists in the monitoring and management of the project(s) progress, schedules and resources
- Closely monitor project plans, gather relevant data to continuously gain new insight and adjust roadmaps, offering to optimize performance and effectiveness.
- Support project teams and business in establishing measurable value targets for the project and track outcomes
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTSTechnical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Highly cross-functional role with broad scope of responsibilities
- High visibility and critical impact on the future of the business
- Work independently on highly complex problems with other team members and independently solving, with some guidance, very difficult technology problems.
- Demonstrates advanced infrastructure tooling and techniques to others across the program, business and IT.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of key patterns and industry awareness of trends in the bio/pharma industry.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Ability to guide and influence multiple 3rd party operations providers to deliver at appropriate levels of quality, response times, stability, and agility.
- Ability to supervise and influence the general platform community across Takeda to a future state modern Ecosystem of Products, Platforms, Analytics and Microservices and help drive all divisions to a better end state.
- Ability to guide our third-party support teams to maintain a stable analytics ecosystem. It will re-quire the need to make tactical decision when needed to our operational environments.
- Ability to work through/complex and propose proper technology choices.
- Independently manage day to day operational issues while knowing when to escalate more critical problems or decisions in the environment
- Effectively negotiate and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions
- Ability to understand highly complex problems and be able to apply modern technology patterns to them.
- Ability to iterate and innovate as they apply modern techniques while fostering an environment that encourages applied innovation.
- Serve as a role model, demonstrating respect and inclusion, creating a culture that fosters innovation
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:Required:
- Ability to have an agile time-based delivery team operate within a traditional project and waterfall-based funding and approval cycles.
- Guide complex deployments from Design to implementation and finally deployment. Many of these solutions are difficult to make stable at scale.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, computer science, or business administration is preferred.
- 6 years or more of relevant professional experience in research and development business lines, IT service delivery, or related area.
- Professional in-depth knowledge of project management in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management. Influential in orchestrating key stakeholders and project teams to turn vision into reality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, business acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
- Extensive experience in design or in implementing solutions and preferable experience in quality improvement.
- Understand design thinking and can explain and convince stakeholders.
- Work with virtual/agile teams in different locations, aligning and adapting different work, culture, and communication styles.
- Extensive Project management experience.
- Master s Degree
- Familiarity working in a lean and agile software delivery team.
- Working knowledge of clinical data systems such as EDC, IRT, Statistical Analysis Environments, CTMS and eTMF
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply. EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MA Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type