We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
U.S. Global Wealth Management seeks an individual for the role of Regional Head, Divisional Sales Manager. This individual will be a business leader with oversight and responsibility for one of six geographic divisions within our U.S. wealth management business. DSMs assume direct regulatory supervision and management responsibility for 13 or more Field Account Managers and/or Business Development Account Managers and indirectly oversee 10 to 15 Internal Desk Account Associates and a private wealth focused sales team. Collectively this team is responsible for driving sales and asset retention with financial advisors within their respective territories. We are seeking a strong leader with a deep understanding of PIMCO's products and services, an advanced knowledge of the wealth management industry and an extensive background in account management and client service. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary responsibility is to drive gross and net sales to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual growth and run rate revenue goals for the division. This includes working with the Field AMs to develop business plans and keep the team on track to achieve individual territory goals. Business plans and goals are specific, measurable and actionable and are tracked and reported (firm-wide) on a monthly basis.
Supervise, Develop and Motivate Divisional Sales Force:
- Develop a high-performance AM team passionate about achieving sales results, keeping a long-term business perspective and maintaining a consultative approach.
- Take a top-down approach to uncovering opportunities for AMs at partner firms and seek to remove obstacles to success.
- Field travel with each AM is a key component of both AM development and supervision.
- DSMs are Series 24 Registered Principals and assume ongoing supervisory responsibility for Field AMs.
- DSMs will travel with Field AMs 1-3 times per year for 1-3 days at a time. This travel allows for coaching, training and ensures consistency of message while satisfying supervisory requirements.
- Create and implement internal training and standard methodologies within the division.
- Maintain weekly contact via phone, email and conference calls with Field AMs.
- Conduct onsite divisional meetings to train and educate Field AMs.
- Perform annual written reviews and quarterly updates with Field AMs that evaluate performance objectives and proficiencies.
- Record and file details of ongoing issues, problems or concerns with each Field AM within their division.
- Recruit, develop and retain hard working professionals within their divisions.
Track and Monitor Key Business Metrics and Resource Utilization:
DSMs are tasked with monitoring each territory's sales, market share and opportunity. DSMs are also responsible for tracking of territory and division budgets to ensure that these resources are being used effectively and on budget. Furthermore, DSMs monitor territory activity by rep, firm and product on a monthly basis to ensure broader firm goals are aligned with territory activity.
Manage the divisions' relationships with key partners:
Each DSM serves as the central point of communication between the executive office, sales management, marketing, product, strategic accounts, DC, and the Field AMs. Importantly, each DSM is responsible for balancing the needs of key partners when aligning resources in the field, particularly as it pertains to sales campaigns, roadshows, PM/product travel and cross-channel partnerships.
Build Relationships with Partner Firms:
DSMs are responsible for partnering with National, Independent, Bank and Regional Broker-Dealers (BDs) to represent the PIMCO sales strategy. DSMs partner with our Strategic Accounts team to represent our sales strategy with our Tier 1 and Tier 2 partners. Each DSM has 1-3 partner firm accounts and acts in a "Head of Sales" capacity, seeking to best align PIMCO resources with the specific needs of each Partner firm.
- Fostering relationships with key national and regional leaders at assigned partner firms including C-Suite, regional leadership, business development, capital markets and product research.
- Communicating PIMCO's sales strategies and develop initiatives to achieve mutual goals.
- Working with U.S. GWM Head of Sales to coordinate national partner firm and PIMCO Due Diligence Meetings.
- Serving in a chairman capacity for PIMCO Advisory Council and Due Diligence meetings for the firms they cover.
- Managing, attending and presenting at regional conferences and meetings in conjunction with Strategic Accounts team.
Manage Relationships with Centers of Influence (COI):
DSMs are the main contacts for client regional leadership and responsible for all COIs. This includes regional, district managers, sales managers, recruiting officers, business development officers, regional presidents, and productivity consultants. This cohort per division is typically 25-50 contacts and highly influential to the region. Position Requirements:
- Excellent sales, communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Deep understanding of the U.S. wealth management market including knowledge of financial intermediaries and financial advisors.
- Strong working knowledge of macroeconomics, asset allocation, fixed income, equity, and alternatives markets.
- For the Central Division opportunity candidates must be located (or willing to relocate) to the Saint Louis metro area. For the North Central Division candidate must be located or willing to relocate to the Chicago metro area or a surrounding state.
- Current officer title of SVP or higher.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 12 years of client-facing financial services industry experience required
- Previous management experience strongly preferred
- Existing field and/or home office relationships with Wells Fargo and Edward Jones strongly preferred
- CFA and/or MBA preferred
- Series 7, 63 licenses are required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of PIMCO products and services.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office