The global high yield credit team manages more than $10bn of assets across USD, Euro and Sterling strategies. We have a team of specialist portfolio managers who are supported by global research analysts.
As research-driven bond investors, we gain a performance advantage by using our large team of specialist analysts and portfolio managers to research ideas in their local markets. Idea generation is a key component of our success and therefore we are committed to operate a diverse, creative and smart team. Research partners with portfolio management to source alpha for clients. Position Overview
Schroders is seeking a High Yield Research Analyst to join the US Fixed Income Research team. While there is flexibility for the right candidate, the role will focus on the analysis of High Yield credits across a variety of sectors including Building Materials, Home Construction, Consumer Products and Food sectors. Responsibilities
- Perform fundamental analysis including modelling.
- Monitor performance and holdings relative to investment objectives, benchmarks and outlook.
- Produce both written and oral fundamental and relative value recommendations.
- Collaborate with other debt and equity analysts and portfolio managers as the credit expert on the covered industries.
- Frequently interact with portfolio managers and traders.
- Participates in industry outlooks and Thematic research sessions while utilizing the Data Insights Unit and the Environmental, Social and Governance resources.
- Meet with clients and prospects to review coverage and outlooks.
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, engineering or related subjects.
- Minimum of four years of high yield credit research experience.
- Broad experience within the full spectrum of high yield and modelling background.
- Understanding of financial statements, capital structure, cash flow analysis, capital markets and portfolio management.
- Independent thinker with the ability to hold contrarian views.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in standard software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Capital IQ and Bloomberg.
- Personable, collegial and team-oriented.
- CFA or CPA
- ESG credentials
- 4 years or more buy side/sell side credit research experience
- Technical / programming skills
- Experience working in an asset manager
- Aladdin experience
- Standard industry software packages
- Willingness to develop new coverage
- Sell side, buy side and issuer relationships
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.