AdaptHealth Opportunity - Apply Today!
At AdaptHealth we offer full-service home medical equipment products and services to empower patients to live their best lives - out of the hospital and in their homes. We are actively recruiting in your area. If you are passionate about making a profound impact on the quality of patients' lives, please click to apply, we would love to hear from you.
This position is a NBRC credentialed professional who provides respiratory care to patients in alternate sites in accordance with AdaptHealth's policies and procedures. Respiratory care will be preventative, rehabilitative, and palliative in nature. The Respiratory Therapist will utilize all the resources available within the agency and community to accomplish care objectives.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to adequately complete all documentation and charting procedures in compliance with ACHC and company policy and procedures.
- Reviews Plan of Treatments and Care Plans to assure they are accurate and up to date.
- Documents procedures including how the patient tolerated a procedure, side effects and other pertinent information.
- Assists with authorization for CPAP/BiPAP referrals for patients.
- Shows adequate knowledge of respiratory equipment and displays ability to utilize knowledge in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively troubleshoot equipment in the field successfully.
- Maintains inventory control of CPAP/BiPAP supplies for sleep center.
- Displays knowledge of assessment skills and demonstrates application of clinical skills during set-ups, follow-ups, and in-services.
- Participates in discharge planning of highly technical cases.
- Performs clinical assessments as needed and reports results and recommendations to the referral and physician.
- Participates in highly technical discharges and prepares in advance to assure the patient and caregivers have a smooth transition to the home setting.
- Performs in-services to hospital staff, referrals, other professionals regarding equipment & issues of clinical nature.
- Follows up with physician and referrals regarding patient status and documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Retain knowledge of and consistently adhere to procedures for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), infection control and hazardous materials handling.
- Assume on-call responsibilities during non-business hours in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and function within the guidelines of HIPAA.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Competency, Skills and Abilities: ?
- Competent in PAP, Ventilator, Airway Clearance, and Oxygen therapy administration and management
- Able to perform clinical assessments and make recommendations to physicians.
- Equipment troubleshooting and maintenance skills.
- Decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities and tasks.
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Associates degree from an AMA approved respiratory program.
- Valid and unrestricted RT clinical license in all states serviced by the branch, or an Associate degree in Nursing, with a valid and unrestricted LPN or RN clinical license.
- Must be CPR certified,
- One (1) year of clinical experience as a Health Care RT, HME RT or clinical nursing with Vent experience.
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license
AdaptHealth is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual's race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.