Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM plus limited on call rotation
Location: McKeesport, PA or Rostraver, PA
In addition to a competitive salary, Community LIFE offers our RN Case Managers a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance, 5 weeks Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Company contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Mileage Reimbursement, Employee Appreciation events, and more!
Summary of Job Duties:
The RN Case Manager provides the technical, organizational and communication skills necessary to efficiently assess the need for, and coordinate the delivery of, nursing care and home / personal care. The RN Case Manager must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to assess, plan care for and provide service to frail elders according to assigned responsibilities, standards of practice in gerontological nursing and Community LIFE standards.
Required Education & Experience:
The RN Case manager must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school with at least one year of experience working with a frail elderly population, preferably in long-term care, home health care or community health setting. Experience teaching patients and other healthcare workers preferred.
Required Certifications and Licensure: Licensed Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania. Valid Driver s License.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current nursing practice and theory.
- Knowledge of the medical, social, and emotional needs of a frail, elderly population.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work independently and to utilize critical decision making skills.
- Working knowledge of utilization review, quality assurance and managed health care concepts.
- Ability to delegate responsibility as well as accept supervision in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work with the interdisciplinary team approach to care for the elderly.
- Working knowledge of local health care and geriatric service networks.
- Basic working knowledge of Windows operating systems, e-mail, word processing.
About Us: Community LIFE is a program of all-inclusive care for the elderly, committed to empowering older adults to remain at home while preserving their dignity, independence and quality of life.Our program brings the region s experts in geriatric medicine and care together to work as a team in specialized Day Centers, to help older adults enjoy the highest quality of life possible. Our professionals are committed to keeping older adults independent, and in their homes. Our wide range of services are designed to meet the varied needs of seniors, and include medical care, social services, meals, activities, transportation and much more.
Covid Vaccine Statement: Community LIFE continues to comply with CMS mandated COVID-19 vaccination requirements for our staff. Community LIFE strongly supports vaccination and encourages everyone who can get vaccinated to do so to protect themselves, their co-workers, and our patients. All staff must be in compliance with the CMS COVID-19 mandates. Medical or Religious exemptions may be available to those who qualify.