SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Research Institute
, the non-oncology service line of Sarah Cannon, encompasses numerous hospitals in different states across the country including Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia, Florida, South Carolina, Texas, Colorado, and California.
HCA Research Institute has conducted over 300 industry-sponsored trials and enrolled more than 3,600 patients since the programs inception providing innovative approaches to clinical trial management.
Since 2007, the network has grown to 20 hospital programs across the country working in collaboration with more than 325 physician investigators in multiple specialties including cardiovascular disease, neuroscience, orthopedics, robotics and women and childrens services.
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As the Senior Research Nurse
you will offer a significant contribution to the development of processes, tools, and training necessary to maintain site compliance and patient safety. The Senior Research Nurse is responsible for coordinating multiple research protocols; serving as a liaison with local investigators and local research personnel; and acting as a central resource for assigned research projects.
- You will assist with training the Research Nurses and other research colleagues
- You will complete study medication order forms accurately and have physician or appropriate designee sign orders prior to medication administration
- You will oversee and manages operational activities for multiple research protocols
- You will liaise between site research personnel, industry sponsors, and leadership
- You will collaborate closely with various site departments/teams, including finance, relevant hospital administrative representatives, and the local IRB, if applicable
- Review proposed budgets for adequate coverage and recommends changes to Supervisor
- You will coordinate protocol schedule of assessments from initial submission of feasibility until study closeout
- You will coordinate submission and approval for the Sites Facility Review Committee
- You will provide instruction on research protocols to appropriate staff, including interpretation of test results, observations, and related study data to physicians, nurses, and clinical staff
- You will assess the patient and document findings at each clinic visit while on protocol
- You will document all specific tasks required by the protocol (i.e. medication forms, quality of life questionnaires, neuro exams, vital signs sheets, times of lab draws, etc.)
- You will ensure that all medications are approved by the appropriate designee prior to initiating treatment or when changing medication regimens
- You will calculate and document the BSA, creatinine, STS calculation, or any other conversions needed, per protocol
- You will document any interaction regarding the patient that occurs while the patient is enrolled on a protocol, including follow-up and survival (this includes home health intervention, pharmacies, and patient phone calls)
- You will ensure that follow-up appointments, imaging, or any related procedures are scheduled correctly according to protocol requirements
- You will accurately complete all data requests (including queries) and submit with source documentation within the timeframe specified in the SOP
- You will work with site personnel and local investigators to assess site feasibility and performance
- You should have an understanding of clinical trial procedures, including EKG acquisition, phlebotomy, and specimen processing, handling, storing and shipping
You should have for this position:
- An Associate Degree; preferably a Bachelors Degree
- RN License
- Knowledge of medical and research terminology
- Knowledge of FDA Code of Federal Regulations and GCP
- Knowledge of the clinical research processes
- At least five years of nursing experience preferred
- At least five years of experience in a research setting preferred
- Cardiology research experience is preferred
- Research Certification (ACRP or CCRP) Preferred
Do you want to be a part of a teamworking together to end cardiovascular disease? We look forward to speaking with youabout this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are anequal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.