RN Hospice In Patient Unit ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Life's Journey of Avon provides non-core services for GIP, Respite, and Private Pay care and Hospice Care in Avon, Indiana. The mission of our inpatient care model is to serve ALL hospice patients, no matter who they have chosen as their hospice provider. Settings that currently provide these services, such as a Skilled Nursing Facility or a Hospital, have different core missions than hospice. We fervently believe in giving hospice patients and their caregivers a place that embraces, respects, and focuses on end-of-life care exclusively. OPEN DATE
Registered Nurse CATEGORY
To provide nursing care to the terminally ill Hospice patient as needed. To provide assistance and
understanding to the family in the home care situation and in time of bereavement. To work as a
member of the Hospice team in providing Hospice care.
Educational/Degree: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Training/Licensure: Currently licensed as a registered nurse to practice in the state.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Ability to work independently, make accurate, and at times, quick
judgments. Ability to supervise others appropriately. Ability to
respond appropriately to crisis outside of a hospital setting.
Acceptance of and adaptability to different social, racial, cultural
and religious modes. Completes Hospice training program.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a registered nurse, preferred. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Active patient contact within past three years, preferred.
1. Regularly assesses and reassesses the nursing needs of the Hospice patient.
2. Provides dietary counseling.
3. Provides Hospice nursing services, treatments and preventive procedures.
4. Initiates nursing procedures appropriate for the patient's Hospice care and safety.
5. Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and IDG members any
unexpected changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition.
6. Teaches, supervises and counsels the Hospice patient and family members about
providing care for the patient.
7. Supervises and trains other nursing service personnel.
8. Develops and re-evaluates the patient/family care plan in conjunction with IDG to meet
needs and maintain continuity of care.
9. Performs specific nursing procedures as needed (e.g., treatments, management of
symptoms) following doctor's orders.
10. Attends team conferences, IDG if applicable, and inservices, as scheduled.
11. Maintains records as required by Hospice.
12. Follows the policies and procedures of Hospice. Observes confidentiality and safeguards
all patient-related information in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
13. Always communicates to the supervisor if unable to meet a patient's need or perform a
14. Participates in an on-call system and is responsible for providing on-call coverage when
unavailable for assigned duties.
15. Maintain skills and knowledge.
16. Works with interdisciplinary group concepts of patient care.
17. Coordinates the implementation of the plan of care for patients residing in Home, SNF,
LTC or AL.
18. Organizes work schedule and utilizes time management to be able to attend all required
19. Complies with agency infection control policies and protocols.
20. Assist with orientation, teaching and training as requested.
21. Takes on-call duty, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
22. Other duties as assigned by the Administrator/Director of Clinical Services.
- 401 K
- 401 K (matching)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance (plus Company Paid Life Insurance)
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Program
- Short Term Disability
Full-Time and/or Part-Time EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT
Non-Exempt PAY RANGE
Indiana EOE STATEMENT
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. SHIFT