SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Certified NursingAssistant Part Time Days, 0.6 FTE
Mercy Hospital Facility Description:
Since1950 Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida. Licensedfor 488-beds, Accredited by the Joint Commission, Mercy Hospital is affiliatedwith more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medicalspecialties to serve the residents of Miami-Dade county and surroundingcommunities. Services include emergency care, heart and vascular care, maternityand neonatal care (Level II NICU), as well as outpatient and CARF accredited inpatientrehabilitation. Accessible by land, air and sea, Mercy is designated by the Joint Commission as aPrimary Stroke Center and the hospitals Comprehensive Community Cancer Programis accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
MercyHospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida,and affiliated with HCA Healthcares East Florida Division. As Miami-DadeCountys only Catholic hospital, Mercy has maintained its reputation for excellencewhile following the Catholic tradition of caring for Gods people and providingspiritual support. Since its inception, Mercy Hospital has been dedicated toproviding excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caringfor the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, includingcompetitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believein our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefitsinclude 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuitionreimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. Job Description:
Under the supervisionand/or direction of the Nurse Manager/Director, Nurse Supervisor, RN, LPN theCertified Nursing Assistant performs various direct patient care activities inaccordance with Department policy and procedures.
Job responsibilities includebut are not limited to:
- Completes patient vital signs,input/output,blood glucose checks, daily weight and other tasks as assigned and notify nurse with significant changes.
- Answers patient call lights promptly and reports patient needs to assigned nursing personnel for follow up.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to volume, census, and acuity.
- Follows through with assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete tasks.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for completion of assignments and delivery of safe effective and appropriate care in a timely and accurate manner.
- Explains all treatment and care to the patient and/or family members.
- High school or equivalent preferred.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistance license with the State of Florida
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- 0-2 year(s) of hospital or nursing home facility experience.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not em...