SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the careeropportunities as an Operating Room Registered Nurse that you want in yourcurrent role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Hospital,a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services , HCAHealthcare.
We are committed toproviding our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Hospital, weoffer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as severaladd-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and yourfamily needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Youcontribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives andyou have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicatedOR RN like you to be a part of our team.
The OperatingRoom Registered Nurse will provide professional surgical nursing careto patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members ofthe health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality healthcare. The Operating Room Nurseassumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with thesurgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patientsand their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in thisrole:
- You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
- You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
- You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
- You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
- You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
- You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patients procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
- You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patients genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Perioperative Nursing is strongly preferred
Now celebrating 50years, Memorial Hospital has been a leader in providingquality healthcare to Northeast Florida. Memorial Hospital is a 454-bed acutecare hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergencycare at three different locations. We feature an accredited Chest Pain Center,certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, andMemorials maternity center, Special Beginnings.
Memorial Hospital offers you and your family a fullbirthing experience. We are with you from the moment you find out, and arethere for as long as you need us after your family has grown.
In addition, we werethe first hospital in the area to have OB Hospitalists onsite 24/7.
Memorial Hospital is also a Level II Trauma Center whichmeans we provide a higher level of care for the most critically injuredpatients. It also means our standards and performance are regularly reviewed bythe Florida Department of Health.
HCA Healthcare , the parent company of MemorialHospital Jacksonville, has been consecutively named a World's Most EthicalCompany by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent anestimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsureddiscounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of anorganization that invests in you. We are ac...