SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time REGISTERED NURSE ER FULL TIME 7A FTE 0.9 JFK Medical Center North Campus West Palm Beach, FL
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR EXPERIENCED ER RN'S
Located in the heart of West Palm Beach, JFK Medical Center North Campus is an extension of your trusted JFK Medical Center family providing the same exceptional care with access to a larger network of services.
JFK North Campus is a 245-bed acute care facility that has been serving the community since 1975. JFK North is accredited by the Joint Commission. We are the largest provider of Behavioral Health Services in Palm Beach County offering the full continuum of prevention, treatment and support to address mental health and wellness for Children, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric patients. Our 88-bed Pavilion adjacent to the campus is the largest Baker Act Receiving facility in the county that accepts children while our outpatient services include a partial hospitalization program (PHP), and both adult and adolescent intensive outpatient programs (IOP and AIOP). Our additional services include: a 24-hour emergency department, critical care, comprehensive diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic care, wound management and a pain management center.
With more than 700 colleagues and 900 medical staff, we are committed to delivering compassionate patient experiences and positive medical outcomes. We invite you to join our team and become part of a larger family of great healthcare professionals.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
The Registered Nurse assumes responsibility and accountability for all patients seeking urgent and emergency care for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment/instrumentation, and other health care members. He/She follows the policies and procedures of JFK MEDICAL CENTER NORTH CAMPUS . The Registered Nurse interacts with other departments, patients/families, physicians, clergy, nurses, students and outside agencies For more information contact
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Advanced certifications (i.e. CEN, TNCC, etc) preferred
- One or more years of experience as an ER RN required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a ...