SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the careeropportunities as an Operating Room Registered Nurse that you want in yourcurrent role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial HealthUniversity Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leadingprovider of healthcare services , HCAHealthcare.
We are committed toproviding our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Health, weoffer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as severaladd-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and yourfamily needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Youcontribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives andyou have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicatedOR RN like you to be a part of our team.
The OperatingRoom Registered Nurse will provide professional surgical nursing careto patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members ofthe health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality healthcare. The Operating Room Nurseassumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with thesurgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patientsand their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in thisrole:
- You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
- You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
- You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
- You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
- You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
- You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patients procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
- You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patients genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Perioperative Nursing is strongly preferred
Memorial HealthUniversity Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 640+ bed hospital in the beautiful,southern city of Savannah, Georgia. The facility opened its doors in 1955 andhas evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region employingover 3,500 colleagues.
Memorial HealthUniversity Medical Center serves as a regional referral center for heart care,cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risknewborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center,the region's only Children's Hospital and the Savannah campus of MercerUniversity School of Medicine. We proudly serve 35 counties across southeastGeorgia and southern South Carolina.
Memorial HealthUniversity Medical Center is always looking to grow and further advance in thehealthcare industry, earning local, regional, national recognition ofexcellence. MHUMC uses its vast clinical knowledge, innovative operatingstrategies, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help our communitythrive. Our goal is to create a new standard for excellence that will not onlyserve our current patients but also change the future of medicine.
HCA Healthcare hasbeen continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethispheresince2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking foran opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage youto apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified youwill hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibiliti...