SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior,patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring forpatients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start yourcareer as a Breast Center RN Navigator today with OverlandPark Regional Medical Center .
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer avariety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefits including:
- TuitionReimbursement/Assistance Programs
- PaidPersonal Leave
- 401k(100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- IdentityTheft Protection discounts
- Auto,Home, and Life Insurance options
- EmployeeStock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact onour patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We arelooking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
TheLife of an HCA Nurse
The Breast Center Nurse Navigator has responsibilities whichinclude assessing, planning and directing appropriate care in Mammography andcreating an environment that promotes, stimulates and fosters personnel growthand satisfaction. They are compassionate, have vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calmunder pressure.
- Work schedule - Monday - Friday, No weekends.
The Registered Nurse Breast Care Patient Coordinatorserves as a hospital ambassador from a patientsfirst contact to completion of treatment for coordination of breast care andeducation of Imaging / Oncology, etc. services through and between treatmentmodalities under the direction of the Radiology Director andcollaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer in maintaining nursingcompetencies. The Registered Nurse Breast Care Patient Coordinator providestherapeutic and administrative services necessary for breast care and follow-upbreast care for the patient and family, and in support of the mission of OverlandPark Regional Medical Center. The Registered Nurse Breast Care PatientCoordinator collaborates with the radiologist and primary care physician inprovision of comprehensive and multidisciplinary breast care for the patientand family. The Registered Nurse Breast Care Patient Coordinator managesservices throughout the continuum of breast care, decreasing fragmentation ofbreast care while promoting patients physical, mental, and spiritual health. The Registered Nurse Breast Care PatientCoordinator has current broad knowledge of the assessment, treatment and caretechniques and principles relevant to growth and development of neonate/infant,pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Under the general direction of the Radiologists andunder the supervision of the Radiology Director employee will:
- Serveas patient navigator for Breast Center patients for Mammography and Ultrasoundbiopsies and follow up care.
- Responsiblefor the written communication regarding exam results to patient lay lettersto all patients.
- Responsiblefor verbal communication with patients and physicians for Mammography follow upappointments.
- Monitorpatient return for follow up to meet established guidelines.
- Responsiblefor preparing work schedules for Mammography staff
- Serveon the peer interview team for all applicants for Mammography Technologistpositions.
- Provideemployee performance feedback at 30 days, 90 days, and annually.
- Providetraining for new technologists.
- MaintainACR accreditation.
- MaintainMQSA and FDA certification .
- Serveas a representative on the Breast Program Leadership Committee.
Qualifications What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Current state nursing license required; BLS certification required.
- Oneyear of experience in Oncology or Imaging Services preferred. Prior experience in a similar size facilitywith similar services provided is preferred. Patient navigation and/or nursing education in Oncologyor Imaging Services preferred.
Overland Park RegionalMedical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. Thehospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medicalcare services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas sinceDecember of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings,two pharmacies and the offices...