SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have thecareer opportunities you want in your current role? We have an excitingopportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcareservices as an ERRegistered Nurse .
At Trident MedicalCenter, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety ofcomprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some uniquebenefits including:
- TuitionReimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity TheftProtection discounts
- Auto, Home, and LifeInsurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock PurchaseProgram (ESPP)
As a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room, you are responsibleto triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care. We provide timely, compassionate care for patientswith emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services includeeverything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other. We areseeking a RN that has the same passion for patient care as we do.
- You will documentpertinent nursing notes to reflect: change in condition, transfer and discharge
- You willadminister medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will respondto and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
- You will beresponsible for efficient throughput to include understanding and knowledge ofall care zones such as triage, rapid treatment area, carepath, pediatric ER,trauma, behavioral health, etc.
- You coordinateand triage incoming ambulance traffic
- You manage carewith primary ED attending
- You areresponsible for learning, understanding and use of the Emergency Severity Index5-level triage algorithm
- You areresponsible for responding to critical needs as well as serve as a resourcenurse for trauma
- You willdemonstrate the ability to manage critical situations and make care baseddecisions.
- You will educatepatients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments, providing patientsand their families with support throughout their stay.
- Must be agraduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing orhigher is required
- Must be licensedas a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an activeCompact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or AmericanRed Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Current AmericanHeart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support(ACLS) is preferred and required to be obtained within 12 months ofhire/transfer date
- Current AmericanHeart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Pediatric Life Support (PALS) ispreferred and required to be obtained within 12 months of hire/transfer date
- Previousemergency, pre-hospital or critical care Registered Nurse experience preferred
For more than 40 years TridentMedical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley,Charleston and Dorchester Counties in beautiful South Carolina. Trident Medical Center is a 320+ bedmajor medical center providing a comprehensive range of patient services andspecialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center.
The hospitals specialty services include:
- An award-winning Heart Center
- The South Carolina Institute for RoboticSurgery
- The Trident Breast Care Center
- The Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic - the regionsonly outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages.
TridentMedical Center offers critical care services and 24/7Hospitalist and Intensivist programs. Trident Medical Center is a five-starrecipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safetyoutcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades , the leading onlineresource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. Thisachievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019Report to the Nation.
HCA Healthcare,the parent company of Trident MedicalCenter, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company byEthisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, andother uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization thatinvests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical SurgicalOncology RN opening. Submit your application and help us raise the bar inpatient care!
We are an equal opportunity employerand value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis ofrace, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,marital status, veteran status, or...