SHIFT: Weekends Only
Do you have thecareer opportunities you want in your current role? We have an excitingopportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcareservices as a ICU Step-Down Registered Nurse .
At Summerville Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met.We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans alongwith some unique benefits including:
- TuitionReimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity TheftProtection discounts
- Auto, Home, and LifeInsurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock PurchaseProgram (ESPP)
In collaboration with the patient,the patients family, and other members of the health care team, the ICU Step-Down Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating,planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goalsof the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependentteam, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and departmentoutcomes. What you will do in this role:
- You will understand patients with critical illness and vent management. You will have the ability to respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions
- You will maintain and review patients records including posting tests and examination results
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days of hire or transfer date.
- Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Summerville Medical Center is a 120+ bed hospital with a 24-houremergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviablereputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and womens service, includinghome-like birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic,reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. Summerville Medical Center is afive-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care andpatient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, theleading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians andhospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in theHealthgrades 2019 report to the Nation.
The city ofSummerville is where charm and southern hospitality blend gracefully with amodern and progressive atmosphere. Summerville, SC is rich in history with afocus on economic development that preserves the past while building for thefuture. Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children cangrow and develop. Minutes from historical Charleston and the beaches, ourworld-class sports venues and superior schools make Summerville truly a specialplace to work, live and play.
HCA Healthcare, theparent company of Summerville Medical Center, has been continually named aWorld's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcarespent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization thatinvests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical SurgicalOncology RN opening. Submit your application and help us raise the bar inpatient care!
We are an equal opportunity employerand value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis ofrace, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number...