The Standard is a family of companies dedicated to helping its customers achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. In business since 1906, we're a leading provider of group and individual disability insurance, group life, dental and vision insurance, voluntary (employee-paid) benefits, absence management services, and retirement plans and annuities for employers and individuals. For more information about The Standard, visit or follow us on Facebook , Twitter or LinkedIn . Description:
At The Standard, you'll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We're looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what's right - across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let's work together. What You Will Do :
As a Senior Network Engineer you will work with architects and other e ngineers to research, plan, design, document , deploy an d improve an enterprise class, highly secure LAN and WAN which supports our business customers and serves our employees in campus office s, field offices and as remote workers utilizing physical data centers and cloud environments. You will work on the most significant and critical solutions and technologies.
Y ou will help set the direction for next generation network environments, define best practices, set the network roadmap and plan for the future in technologies , capacity, disaster recovery, efficiency, and infrastructure automation.
This p osition also provide s t ier three t echnical support to our network operations team . When escalations occur, you'll collaborate to direct the restoration and root cause investigation .
We are on a multi-year journey to modernize key infrastructure and transform how we deploy and operate key infrastructure . This is a unique opportunity to h elp define and drive network automation and DevOps into our future state infrastructure. The Skills and Background You Will Need
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience .
- EXPERIENCE: 12+ years of p roven experience and success as a netw ork lead er partnering with security and operations to deliver complex solutions and robust, reliable network servic es .
- Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, Azure or other network related certifications preferred.
- Expertise with software defined networks such as Cisco ACI or SD-WAN.
- Proven, continued success designing and implementing a broad array of enterprise network technologies and components: Infoblox, F5 load balancers, Palo Alto firewalls, core and edge devices, LAN, WAN, wireless, switches, routers, MPLS, DNS, VPNs and network security.
Traits of a Successful Candidate
- Success automating network infrastructure configurations via A nsible and/or Python .
- Success implementing SASE architecture components .
- Proven experience in Azure and cloud to on-prem hybrid network s.
- Experienced in Lean, Kanban, or Agile methodologies.
- An expert in multiple network technologies.
- Technically c urious and driven as a lifelong learner.
- Critical think er with s trong technical skills , diagnostic skills , and problem-solving ability.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to negotiate direction, drive projects to successful conclusion and deliver knowledge to team members verbally and via clear designs, peer reviews and collaborative discussions.
- Self-starter, flexible, adaptable, collaborative , and motivat ed to champion continuous improvement .
The Standard is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. The salary for employees working in Colorado in this role is listed below. The Standard's package also includes incentive plan participation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and paid time off.
- Please note, eligibility to participate in an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
$125,800.00 - $220,000.00
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.