Supervisor - Metal Fabrication Company Summary
Vulcan Industries has been providing merchandising display solutions for over 75 years. We take pride in our diverse customer base which includes some of the world s best known retailers and brand marketers. With domestic and off-shore manufacturing, as well as sales offices in key markets across the country, we offer global solutions in today s global economy. JOB SUMMARY
The Metal Fabrication supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in producing fabricated products and the proper operation of all machinery and equipment. Interprets company policies and enforces safety regulations. Interprets job orders and assigns duties. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment. Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant or work crew. Reports equipment malfunctions in writing to Maintenance Supervisor. Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals. Recommends personnel actions, such as promotions, pay rate changes, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures. Ensures employees attend department safety meetings. Interviews and trains new workers. Maintains labor, production, inventory and material transaction records. May estimate, requisition and inspect materials. Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments. May set up machines and equipment. Is adept in the activities of the workers being supervised. May relieve workers or perform work in emergency situations. Essential job functions
- Supervising, training and assisting workers
- Maintaining records
- Reading blueprints and work order specifications
- Reporting for work regularly and on time
- At least 2 years demonstrated work history in a lead or supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Perform 4 basic math operations with all units of measure. Compute ratio, rate and percent.
- Ability to read work order specification sheets.
- Ability to read instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment.
- Ability to write work instructions.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to give directions to hourly employees.
- Must be able to use a computer effectively for data entry, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be able to deal with conflict, coaching and counseling in a professional and effective manner.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate various machines, such as: Plant equipment and machinery, scales, tape measure, control gauges, computer keyboard.
- Experience in a metal fabrication department a plus
- Experience with CNC lasers a plus
- Inside, non-climate-controlled environment, variable workdays and hours. Some noise and vibration. Overtime will be required.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Prolonged standing
- Climb and balance.
- Kneeling, crouching, stooping
Performance Standards Required
- Supervising and directing department to meet company and customer objectives consistent with company production, quality and safety requirements.
Supervision given by: Operations Manager
Supervision given to: Hourly Employees
Note: Employees may be asked to perform tasks other than those listed on the job description and will be expected to perform any reasonable task assigned by their supervisor.
Vulcan Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. Vulcan strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national, origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment. Vulcan Industries complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADS), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act and all applicable state or local laws.