Support Worker - Hackney
At One Housing, we don't only believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. We also believe that everyone deserves to realise their full potential and lead a fulfilling life.Our Mental Health team is vital to helping us deliver on this vision. We work to transform the life experience of people with mental health support needs. The support we provide is delivered in a range of settings (like supported housing, assessment centres and outreach) and our customers' support needs can include psychosis, forensic and personality disorders.Join our Mental Health team as a Support Worker
We have spent the last 10 years designing our services to be fully psychologically informed. Most of our services have specialist therapeutic input and colleagues have access to specialised mental health training delivered by MH professionals. All our services provide regular reflective practice spaces to our colleagues to formulate complex cases and find constructive ways forward. All these measures make us the ideal partner for NHS trusts across London with whom we deliver several integrated services.We believe in providing care and support to our clients that will enable them to make informed decisions about their life that will increase their sense of wellbeing: this might be greater independence, better coping strategies or a richer network and sense of self achievement.We offer you the chance to develop your own skills through regular line management supervision, reflective practice, access to a ten-day course on relevant mental health topics and working together with your specialist colleagues.We're an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.The Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of support Worker
working in Salvesen House as part of a small team supporting customers with Mental health to develop skills through holistic therapy approaches to develop the skills to progress into independent living. Providing care and support to patients through their admission and working to support a smooth discharge. Your responsibilities will include:
What you will need to suceed
- Complying with all relevant policies & procedures, including but not limited to: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care, Equality & Diversity, the Code of Conduct etc.
- Carrying out assessments to identify and prioritise needs
- Using SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Providing a comprehensive support planning service to customers in line with the department's policies, procedures and approach.
- Ensuring customers are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service, and are enabled and empowered to get involved in the running of the service through consultation and participation
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers.The successful candidate will possess:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good level of IT skills and literacy
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- Experience of providing support to others in a work, voluntary or personal capacity
- A practical solution focussed approach to problem solving
- A good understanding of Mental health, Alcohol and Substance abuse
benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.Salary: £23,833Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidaysLean travel.?...