Would you like to make an impact in the lives of older adults and their families, while providing resident-centered care, in a close knit work environment?
Friends House is a Quaker inspired elder community seeking an experienced Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) for our facility located in the heart of the Rincon Valley. We are looking for a candidate who wants to make a positive impact on the lives of our residents and their families, while providing resident centered care in a close-knit work environment. The ideal candidate should have experience with geriatric and skilled nursing environs, supervisory experience is also desirable. This position will work directly with our Resident Services Director. You must be able to work with residents and the public on a personal basis under all conditions. All nursing care will be performed with respect and compassion while promoting the individuality and comfort of all residents. The Wellness Nurse - LVN shall always function within the scope of practice for a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). We are seeking candidates with the desire and willingness to work in a collaborative environment for the improved care and satisfaction of our residents.
Provides nursing assessment, service coordination, and case management to Independent Living and Assisted Living Residents to promote wellness and maintain independence.
- The Wellness-LVN ensures quality nursing and wellness care to all residents of Independent/Assisted Living.
- Establishes and conducts initial assessment process upon admission to the Community; evaluates health status of case load on an ongoing basis
- Provides professional and crisis intervention to the residents in cases of emergencies
- The Wellness-LVN encourages individual residents to participate in their own wellness plan and assists in the development of that plan.
- Assures compliance with regulations including policy and procedures, documentation and care practices
- Promotes and protects the rights of each resident, acts as a mandatory reporter for all suspected abuse situations, and complies with all HIPAA standards of practice
- Provides input to the health care team on individual resident status and safety
- The Wellness-LVN attends meetings as necessary and performs any other duties as assigned by the Director of Outpatient Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, speak well and be understood in the English language
- Computer literacy
- RCFE certificate preferred
- Bilingual ability preferred
Education and Qualifications
- Licensed LVN in the State of California
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate
- Three to five years nursing experience in geriatric population
- Advanced degree in health care management and/or nursing desired